Monday, March 25, 2013

Racing towards Kindergarten

"The days are long, but the years are long"

This saying is slapping me in the face lately. I am fairly certain I gave birth to Brock last year. Alas here he is 5 months away from starting Kindergarten. Unbelievable.

I remember sitting and rocking him when he was just a few days old, staring at him in awe, and so curious about who he would become. I would imagine him as 2, 3, 4, and then school age. Now, here we are and I have no idea how we got here so fast.
His 5th birthday is next month, gone are the days of Thomas and Mickey Mouse, here are the days are Mario and Spider Man. I have a KID guys, a real kid he's no longer a toddler. He is sassy, smart mouthed, hyper, sweet, smart as a whip, an awesome negotiator, and he tells me I am beautiful every single day. Man I love that kid. His daddy is teaching him to be a gentleman so he'll open the door open for girls, and tells me, "mom, girls like chocolate and flowers." We went to a birthday party yesterday for a little girl he adores, he had to fix his hair and put on cologne. Good move Daddy, you are teaching him right.

I bought some uniforms the other day, turned in his commitment letter in to the school, and got a note in the mail about joining the PTO. Seriously, my mind is blown about all that is happening. The count down has begun. Ready or not here Kindergarten comes.

1 comment:

  1. You're both doing an excellent job with your boys. Cherish every moment because they all eventually end, but a new one begins.

    Desiree

    ReplyDelete